Today was weird with sun and then hail and rain and so I listened to some music and did some baking.
To make twelve cupcakes (although tbh who only wants twelve really, double that stuff up man):
3 and a half oz of Self-Raising Flour (or Plain Flour and a Teaspoon of Baking Powder)
3 and a half oz of Caster Sugar
3 and a half oz of Margarine (or softened butter, margarine sux)
1/2 a teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
- Put on some music (your choice, but it makes the baking experience better) I use this playlist: Laura Marling that I made on Spotify.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5 (that’s 190 degrees Celsius)
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl, then mix in everything else. Use a wooden spoon to make it really smooth and creamy. If you want you can use one of those electric whisk thingys.
- Use a teaspoon to plop some mixture into each of the cake cases, they’re best filled to about half way. (I find two dolloped teaspoons is a good amount)
- Bake them in the oven for 15 minutes until they’re firm and golden.
- Leave them to cool for a bit. (eat one, I know you want to)
- Decorate them in whatever fashion you please! (then lick all the spoons ~bearing in mind there were raw eggs~)
- (the most important step) Do the washing up.
Wow wasn’t that easy!